Monday, June 4, 2018

Blog Participation #2

Dear Students,
We are still becoming familiar with the consonant sounds in the English Language.  One of my favorite youtube channels is Rachel's English.   Here she explains the IPA alphabet and provides examples of the consonant sounds and words with each one of them.  It is important to pay attention to the spelling of the words and how different they are that represent a single sound.

Please answer the following questions in the comment section below:
1.  What consonants are the most difficult for you?  Why?

Regards,
Prof. Eva

6 comments:


  1. ŋ, because is similar a the n

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me the sound of the consonants ʃ and tʃ are almost the same and little bit confusing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will say that I always have problems with the /tʃ/ sound, because as we know, it has a little explossion that we as spanish native speakers are not accustomed to articulate during the pronunciation of that sound, so each time I speak in english I try as much as I can to pronounce it in the correct way but actually, sometimes is pretty difficult for me to ignore my spanish pronunciation, while pronouncing that sound in a word

    ReplyDelete
  5. ŋ,because is difficult for me make the sound and do the correct position of the tongue

    ReplyDelete
  6. the sounds /f/ and /v/ because for me in some words have similar sounds and is difficult for me know what is the correct sound also the sounds /n/ and /ŋ/ because have similar sounds in some words.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Participation #3

Dear Students,     On our previous class, we discussed the alveolar stops: Here are some useful videos for you: 1. /t/ vs. /d/ sound...